Tuesday, May 29, 2012

food - DONE!

this past week was amazing!  i could choose any food i wanted - and believe me i ate a few too many sweets.  however, the foods i craved most:  spinach, chicken, berries, green smoothies.  i think i've been changed!

as the 30 days of food drew to a close i was a bit worried. from about days 7-30 i felt the best i had felt in years; physically and spiritually.  i didn't want to lose that.  God gently reminded me that He offers freedom, but also says that not everything is permissible.  so, now i need to spend some time pondering that.

what did i learn? 

*well, first of all a lot of the food i ate wasn't real.  this food was real and oh so tasty.  i was definitely ready for a variety of vegetables and have indulged in asparagus, squash, and zucchini since.  ahh....i hope my family is prepared for a real food diet!

*processed food gives me headaches - almost immediately

*i use food indulgences to cover up what i need to deal with

*submission is still hard for me

*i have a change in taste now

*God still speaks to me

what's next?  clothes!

i started yesterday.  i think doing this in february would be much easier.  but i settled on 9 pieces of clothing.  i will also allow myself to wear one or two outside/garden/house with no ac outfits.  like i said, it would have been easier in february!  and honestly, this was harder for me to think about than food!!  good grief....i am not sure i'm ready for what God might choose to reveal to me this month!

1 comment:

  1. I think clothes are a lot easier than food. Constantly changing body weight over the last several years has narrowed down my closet significantly. Why buy a lot of clothes when they probably will be too big or too small in a month or two?

    It's easier to pick outfits and you think a lot less about getting dressed. You know exactly what goes with what. And if you are smart, you pick clothes that all go with each other.

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete